The mission of the OneLife Institute is to launch and develop servant leaders who live out their Christian faith in every area of life. OneLife is a 9-month, “gap year” program starting students on the right path as they enter their critical, young adult years.
OneLife students live in a Gospel-centered community where they grow in faith and biblical knowledge (developing a Christian worldview), learn practical life skills (time management, financial stewardship, fitness & wellness), travel domestically and internationally (service projects and short-term missions) and earn 24-30 college credits.
OneLife has 4 locations:
- Three Springs Ministries | Morris, PA
- Southern Wesleyan University | Central, SC
- Pleasant View | Manheim, PA
- Lodestar | Upper Tract, WV
The Resident Leader is primarily responsible for the discipleship of students. Resident Leaders live on campus with the students and walk with them through the program. Resident Leaders are expected to be proactive and highly relational, taking advantage of both formal and informal opportunities to invest in the lives of OneLife students.
The Resident Leader has a deep desire to see students grow in their relationship with God and knowledge of God’s Word. Words associated with a Resident Leader include: mentor, passionate, energetic, available, organized, and a team player.
- Facilitating regular triad meetings with students
- Managing weekly schedule/routine
- Traveling with the group (domestic and international)
- Leading meetings and discussions (Bible/book studies)
- Organizing group activities and events
- Promoting and encouraging students in life skills & character development
- Enforcing OneLife student behavioral policies
- Deep desire to be challenged to grow as a leader and disciple of Jesus
- Love for travel and adventure
- Willingness to work in a focused residential learning environment with limited electronic technology
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or experience in mentoring/discipleship ministry
- Room and board may be available dependent upon the site.
- Opportunities for graduate study
- Bi-weekly stipend